Wednesday, March 10, 2010

LIFE IN THE BIG CITY

I moved to the big city (Monrovia, Liberia) on March 3,2oo4. It was a two days ride on a truck, from Pleebo, Maryland County, that got me the Monrovia. The city wasn't what i expected it to be. it was way below what i imagined. Back in Pleebo, when the big boys and girls leave the city, they have so much to say about Monrovia. They talk about Red light like it was down down Manhattan. From what I heard about Whit Flower (Charles Taylor’s House), I imagined it a huge white building on about 10 acres with beautiful flowers and a nice lawn. As the car drove past it, someone said this is White Flower, I said “no it can’t be” and he said “yes it is bush girl”. I then thought to myself that if I’m a bush girl and have seen and lived better places than this, then I think everyone here is very country. The Big City was like a suburb to me, just a better view of Harper City in the next 10 years. I was taken to down town Monrovia and back the GSA Road where I lived for the next four years.
Driving into GSA Road was like going back to Pleebo till we arrived at this beautiful gray house in a huge high fence. It was my uncle’s house.

No comments:

Post a Comment